Friday, May 18, 2012

39 weeks

Feeling pretty miserable these days. Yesterday I was up at 2am and only managed a 2 hour nap. My legs and feet are grotesquely swollen and look like they belong on someone else's body. I spend about 1/2 hour to 45 min in the bathroom every morning - thank goodness for stool softener!!! I truly don't understand those shows about women who didn't know they were pregnant - I call bullshit! Your body changes and goes through WAY too much to not know something is up!

Dr apt went well - due to my size and the swelling we started induction paperwork so if he doesn't come on his own then they will induce me on May 25th. I was so happy I could have cried! The end is in sight! My cervix is ripe (though not dialated yet) and my tailbone has moved and dr says I have plenty of room to deliver vaginally. They are doing a 2 part induction which only has a 20% chance of needing a c section so we're pretty happy over all. One more week! Plus, I work better with deadlines so now I have motivation to finish up that To Do list.

Well, time to head in to my last day of work. I'm so ready for this!

1 comment:

  1. You seriously have the cutest pregnancy wardrobe ever.
    HAHA!! Yeah, I call bullshit on those I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant shows too.
    I hope your last day was great!! :-) Can't wait for the lil guy to arrive!

    ReplyDelete