Saturday, December 10, 2011

Reading List

When I first found out I was pregnant I started reading everything I could about being pregnant. Turns out that as long as I eat right (and the right things) and follow some basic guidelines I'm pretty good to go. So I've turned my attention to the bean and reading up on how to raise a smart, well adjusted child. Here is my reading list so far, thanks to some friends' suggestions and my cousin (all of whom have children that are smart and well adjusted). If you think Im missing anything, please feel free to share!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, Pregnancy Sucks! I found it not only hilarious, but also helpful in the area of symptoms that you don't often equate with pregnancy (i.e. congestion, and that other "c" ;-)).
    I'd also recommend baby books. Even if you don't follow them, they have TREMENDOUS amounts of advice and information about how to care for your baby. I like The Happiest Baby on the Block - even if your baby isn't colic-y, it's a great resource for just understanding your baby and how he/she might be feeling. It has great tips! I also recommend On Becoming Babywise. It is considered "controversial" because it's partly written by a pastor and includes elements of "crying-it-out." But if you ignore all of that, the baseline of the book is a great way to get your baby onto a feeding and sleeping schedule.
    I found my love of reading to be incredibly useful my entire pregnancy and the year since Zoey was born. :-) Your baby is so lucky to have you as their momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that book was fabulous, thank you so much for recommending it! I've heard about those other two, will have to give them a try once I get through this stack. Loving to read has definitely come in handy but so has having wonderful friends with good advice!

    ReplyDelete