Thursday, December 22, 2011

<3 the bean <3

I guess this blog has been a lot if complaining so far - and don't get me wrong, there is a lot to complain about. Being pregnant sucks in a lot of ways and 80% of the time I'm physically uncomfortable in some way. But I love that I am pregnant.

I've always wanted children and I've always been curious about what being pregnant and giving birth is like. For the last 15 years I was under the impression that I would never know. So I see this pregnancy and my little bean as a miracle. Some days it still seems like a dream and I'll catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and have to remind myself that yes, that's really me and that's really my little bean in there.

I love learning about all the new developments every week. I look forward to each week and each new milestone. I love talking about being pregnant and I love talking about my bean. I feel like I've become obsessed and it's all I think about - my life revolves around this child and it isn't even here yet!

I love laying in bed with my hands on my belly, daydreaming about my baby. I love feeling it move even though it is still very faint. I find that I can't keep my hands off my stomach, it has become so natural to rub it or cradle it in my hands. And despite being freaked out about gaining weight, I love that I have a true baby bump now.

I love that Mike loves touching my belly (weird since I normally hate it) and I love that he kisses it and talks to it. I love seeing how happy he is about becoming a father.

Even on the worst day I am grateful for this opportunity and happier than I ever imagined to be having this baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment