Saturday, December 17, 2011

It's a...

Last night at my work Christmas party we had a palm reader so for fun Mike and I went to see what he had to say. He was creepily accurate about our personalities and how we got along as a couple - some of what he told us made me wonder if he'd overheard some of our fights from earlier in our relationship! He was obviously very knowledgable about zodiac signs and characteristics, etc., but he just knew stuff about us, it was crazy. He says we are having a girl.

Now, he's got a 50/50 chance of being right. From the minute I found out I was pregnant I felt like it was a girl. But I dreamt it was a boy and when Mike and I talk about the bean we always say he, him, and his. We've really only talked about boy names and I've only looked at boy nursery stuff. I don't know, now I don't have a strong feeling one way or the other. I know we both want a boy but I would be happy either way. When I see little girl clothes or plan Girl Scout events I think about having a daughter.

We will find out January 5th what we are having. I had really hoped to find out before Christmas but I guess waiting 2 more weeks in the grand scheme of things is not the end of the of the world. And it doesn't change anything; the bean is what it is! At that point I'll be 20 weeks and it will be pretty accurate. We are excited to be able to find out and then we can focus on picking a name, decorating the nursery, etc. I can't remember the last time I looked forward to the new year this much!

1 comment:

  1. Jacob, myself, and everyone we knew was convinced it was a boy; I had a dream it was a boy too. But we couldn't come up with a suitable boy's name - we only thought of girl names we liked. Jacob and I did the same thing - referred to it as "him," etc. Sure, enough - girl! A friend of mine told me she thought I was having a girl because of her fast heartbeat. Another "clue" was my horrible sickness (I've read that it's double the estrogen so double the sickness, but I've never heard that from a doctor or nurse). It's funny how many old wive's tales are out there and none of them actually work, LOL!! Mother's intuition doesn't even kick in which I don't think is very fair. :-P
    I'm so excited to find out what you're having!!

    ReplyDelete